The Keystone KSTAD50B dehumidifier is a highly efficient unit which is able to remove up to 50 pints of moisture from the surrounding air each day. It has a LED display and electronic controls, and you can use a timer to turn it on and off at certain hours.
But did you know you can use it with great results in rooms of up to 3,000 square feet?
Check out the following review to learn more about this model.
This is a very efficient dehumidifier, being able to remove up to 50 pints of moisture each day. Here is a list of the features which make it so efficient
- Portable – Having a portable dehumidifier is important because you can move it from one room to another without difficulties. This dehumidifier sits on top of 4 durable casters which will allow you to push or pull it around the house.
- Nice Controls – This dehumidifier has electronic controls and a LED display. Every change you make will appear on the display, so you will know for sure on which settings is the dehumidifier running.
- Auto-Defrost – If you use a dehumidifier in a garage, shed, or in a basement, it can freeze in the coldest nights of the year. If this model’s sensors detect a frost buildup on the evaporator coils, the fan will start and run until the frost melts.
- Energy Star Rating – The dehumidifier is programmed to turn off the fan when it’s not needed, lowering the power consumption.
- Accurate Humidity Reading – This unit is able to measure the air’s relative humidity and show it on the LED display. This feature allows you to adjust the settings to maintain a certain humidity level in a room.
- Automatic Shut-off – The dehumidifier will automatically turn off if the water tank is full. The water level indicator is easy to read, and the water tank has a top handle for easier manipulation. If you don’t want to drain the water tank every time it gets full, you can use the continuous drain feature
- Automatic Restart – This dehumidifier will restart automatically in the case of a power failure. This feature saves the settings it used before the power failure and uses them again after the restart
- Timer – This unit benefits from a 24-hour timer. Using the timer will lower your electricity bills because you can make sure the dehumidifier works for a limited time when you’re away from home.
- Clean Filter Alert – You don’t have to worry if you sometimes forget to clean the filters. This alert will notify you when the filters are too loaded to work efficiently. The filters are easy to remove and clean.
The Keystone KSTAD50B dehumidifier is able to collect up to 50 pints of moisture from the surrounding air each day. This high extraction rate makes it efficient for larger spaces, as well. You can use this unit to remove the moisture in spaces of up to 3,000 square feet.
Filter And Water Tank
This model’s particle filter is located on its back. The filter is large, but it’s easy to remove and clean. If you use the dehumidifier in a dusty environment and forget to clean the filters regularly, an alarm will notify you when they are too clogged up with dust and debris to work normally.
The water tank has a capacity of 1.3 gallons. The tank has an easy to read transparent water level indicator on its front, and it will automatically turn off the unit if you are away from home or you forget to drain the water tank. The water tank has a top handle, so you can drain it without spilling water.
The Keystone KSTAD50B has a simple and easy to use control panel. All the controls are electronic, and every push of a button will appear on the LED display.
The control panel allows you to change between the normal or turbo functioning mode, notifies you when the water tank and dust filter are full, and lets you set the timer.
Who Is It For
This unit has a high extraction rate and you can use it in spaces of up to 3,000 square feet. These features make it a great choice for people who are looking for a powerful dehumidifier for their garages, sheds, basements, or attics.
You can use this dehumidifier with great results in an office area because it’s relatively silent and it can remove the moisture from the air of a crowded room.
This model can cover a larger area than other dehumidifiers, so it would be a great addition for people who live in older houses and have problems with mold.
This product benefits from a 1-year manufacturer warranty
What’s In The Box
- Keystone KSTAD50B Dehumidifier
- Drainage Adapter
- Screws (for the drainage adapter)
- Instructions Manual
The Keystone KSTAD50B dehumidifier is a very efficient model. It comes with durable casters for increased portability, energy-saving features for lower electricity bills, and it’s very easy to use. It would be a great choice for people who want a dehumidifier which is able to drain the moisture from the air of a larger space.
The KSTAD50B is a very popular dehumidifier on Amazon. Currently the unit has around 1,200 reviews with an average rating of 4.2 / 5. With these stats you know that you are buying a quality product. Here is what verified buyers are saying about the KSTAD50B;
- “Keystone is very QUIET compared to the other brands”
- ” humidity level went from 89% to 55% in about 8 hours. The humidity level has maintained at 45% ever since”
- “Very pleased given performance vs price”
- “Works well and is conveniently sized”
- “Very effective. Gets out all the humidity in my basement”
- “Does a good job in the greenhouse!”
- “The dehumidifier has taken any odors out of the house and most of all has taken the damp feeling out”