The Honeywell HS-216E Oscillating Fan is suitable for home, office, gym, garage (think turbo and cross trainers) and office use.
The HS-216E rates very well on Amazon where the rating is 4.3 / 5 stars from around 240 reviews so we thought that we’d take an in-depth look into this oscillating fan.
The unit is simple to understand and easy to put together which is part of the reason why it is a best seller. So without further ado let’s look at the HS-216E specifications.
HoneyWell HS-216E Specifications
- Power 50 watts
- Voltage 220-240v/50hz
- Soundlevel approx <67db(a)
- Airflow capacity approx M3/H = 3,000
- Airflow range approx 85°
- Power cord length approx 2m
- Weight approx 4.2kg
- Measurement 45.3 x 43 x 134.5cm (l x w x h)
- Blade length approx 40cm
Multiple Power Settings
The Honeywell HS-216E comes with 3 power settings:
The HS-216E features an adjustable height for greater airflow selection.
The adjustable height ranges from 112 – 135cm.
A great feature of the HS-216E is the oscillation setting. Oscillation just means that the fan can turn from side to side for greater air flow over an area.
The oscillation setting can be turned on or off by a pull up/down switch at the top of the fans motor head. By turning the oscillation off the fan will blow air in one direction only.
The description states that this units features a tilting head. While this is true it is important to note that the head does not tilt as much as some people would like. While some people are put out about this (hence some negative reviews on Amazon) others don’t mind as they just adjust the fan height to get an appropriate air flow.
The tilt can be altered by turning a round lever at the lower side of the fan.
While the stated volume is less than 67 db(a) at on the high setting volume is very subjective as different reviews give different opinions.
The HS-216E makes a typical stand fan sound at a typical volume as it is, after all, a stand fan.
If you are a very light sleeper then the fan will probably keep you awake however if you are an ordinary sleeper then the fan should not keep you awake.
The Famous Honeywell Warranty
As expected the HS-216E comes with the famous Honeywell warranty of three years.
It is worth noting that many other fan companies only offer a one year warranty on their fans so you can be assured of buying a quality product when you buy the Honeywell brand.
- 1 × Honeywell HS-216E 16 inch (40CM) Oscillating Pedestal Fan in Black
- 1 × Operating Instructions
We have reviewed several Honeywell heaters and fans on ByeMould and we have been impressed with all of them.
The favourable reviews found throughout the internet and the 3 year warranty show just what a great brand Honeywell is. If you are looking for an affordable, adjustable, oscillating fan which features great brand name and super warranty then the Honeywell HS-216E Oscillating Fan will serve you well.
As mentioned above the HS-216E rates 4.3 / 5 stars from around 240 reviews on Amazon. This alone is testament to a quality product. There are a lot of people talking about the HS-216E so let’s see what they have to say:
- “It is very silent and powerful. It took me about 15mins to assemble it but the instructions were good enough”
- “is excellent value and performs very well indeed. I would have no hesitation in recommending it”
- “The base is heavy so the fan is stable and the sleek black of the entire fan looks stylish”
- “I was gob smacked the photos on here really dont do it justice heavy base solid full high gloss finis”
- “The speed settings go up to 3, but even on the first speed it delivers a powerful blast of cold air”
- “the rate at which it belts out the air just on no 1 means we rarely need to take it higher. It is also surprisingly quiet for such a large fan”
- “Give me nuts and bolts to assemble most anything and I am in trouble. However, this fan unit was simple to put together”