We really like the The Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier as it is a continuous operational unit, provided it is located near adequate drainage.
Its fully functional electronic controls make it simple to use, while its easily accessible collection container offers a convenient level indicator to keep it from running over, and a re-usable, washable filter to reduce bacteria, room odors and other particles from the air.
Its patented Space Wise design makes the unit portable, with handy top and side handles and caster wheels for ease of transport from room to room within your home.
Features of The Frigidaire FAD704DWD
- Ready-select controls
- Effortless clean filter
- Effortless humidity control
- Effortless auto shut off
- Energy Star certified
- Full tank alert system
- Continuous drainage option
- Front loaded water tank with lid and handle
- 2 fan speeds
- Extracts 70 pints per day
- Low temperature operation
Specifications of The Frigidaire FAD704DWD
- Humidity range 35%-85%
- Volume 53.4 dB (on highest setting)
- 745 watts (cool)
- Power cord length 6′
- Measures 24 3/4″ x 16 1/8″ x 11 5/16″
- Weighs 46lbs
Improves Home Environment and Air Quality
Now you can control the exact percentage of humidity in each room that you choose, with this convenient, totally portable unit with multi-handles and casters which make it simple to transport from room to room. Easy to read level indicator lets you know long before it’s time to empty the unit, with full tank alert that makes usage effortless.
The Frigidaire Energy Star Dehumidifier works by pulling moisture-laden air across the dehumidifier coil. Coils condense and draw moisture from the air and air flows through the side louvers into the room as dry, warm air. Moisture removed is collected in a bucket on the front of the unit. The Frigidaire offers exceptional performance from state-of-the-art technology.
Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier Features and Specifications:
The Frigidaire Energy Star Dehumidifier is the ultimate protectant against mold and mildew caused by excess moisture built up within your home, and offers the following features:
* Improves home environment and air quality by protecting from mold and mildew.
* Energy Star 70 pints per day dehumidifier for rooms up to 1400 Sq. Ft.
* Continuous pump action when positioned near a drain. Provides 2 fan speeds for flexibility.
* Convenient to empty front pull-out tank with handle.
* Effortless humidity control allows you to set the exact percentage of humidity within your room.
* Electronic control with digital readout.
* Low temperature operation for superior cost-savings.
* Extra long 6 ft. cord makes extension unnecessary.
* Features auto-shutoff for safety.
* Dimensions 26.65 x 11.32 inches x 16.08 inches
The reviews for the Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier on Amazon.com have been very positive and it currently has a review rating of 4.3 stars.
CLICK HERE to find the best price for the Frigidaire Dehumidifier through Amazon.com. At the moment you can have it delivered with free super saver shipping.
The majority of the customer feedback for the Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier has been very positive. There have also been a few complaints made by the reviewers and we will discuss some of them now for the benefit of our readers.
The most common complaint about the Frigidaire Dehumidifier was with regard to the unit leaking. While the product description does state that the unit must be used near a drain for continuous pumping, some buyers evidently did not notice this disclaimer and were upset when
the unit leaked water where it was positioned. Reviewers were not satisfied due to the leakage that left them with wet and moldy carpets and floorboards, however a few of them did mention that they overlooked the disclaimer which indicated to use near a adequate drainage.
Another problem that buyers had with the product was with the quality. Some buyers expressed their frustration that the product only lasted about as long as the warranty did, and that for the amount of money that they spent on the unit, they felt they should have gotten many years of use from it. Some said that the product was not durable in construction, in the way that they would have liked a product to be in this price range.
The Positive Reviews
Despite the negative comments about the Frigidaire FAD704DWD Dehumidifier that we have just discussed the majority of the customer feedback has been very positive and 60% of the reviewers have given the product a 5-star rating.
The largest percentage of reviews were from buyers who were totally satisfied with the dehumidifier, with many customers stating that they couldn’t say enough good things about the product. The majority of buyers express that the machine does what it says it will, and very efficiently, completely eliminating the problem in their homes with mildew and mold due to excessive moisture.
Buyers loved the price of the unit and its performance. They liked that the product was compact and portable, making it easy to move it from room to room where they needed to use it. Many customers mention the quiet function of the product as being a real benefit to owning this model, and express that other dehumidifying units they have owned in the past were much noisier.
Would we recommend the Frigidaire Dehumidifier to our readers?
Yes, and here is why:
The Frigidaire dehumidifier was a well-received product by most buyers for many reasons including performance, price, portability, ease of use and durability. If you’re looking for a moderately priced dehumidifier that will out-perform the competition, this model is your pick. If you have one or more areas of your home with moisture issues, this dehumidifier can save your home the destruction caused by mold, mildew and moisture damage behind wallpaper, walls, and inside of your home’s construction.
We recommend the Frigidaire FAD704DWD dehumidifier because of its high percentage of satisfied customers who were not only just happy with their purchase, but very happy. When a product is rated as high as this product is by consumers, we feel strongly about recommending it to our readers as a product that will best suit them for their needs. This product has been proven to be a satisfactory purchase across the board, for safety and performance.
The Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier is a very popular dehumidifier with over 5,100 reviews. It rates 4.3 / 5 on Amazon and here is what people are saying about it:
- “Easy to operate and fairly easy to empty the water. Not overly loud either”
- “It works great. Low in noise and energy consumption. I plan to buy another one this summer”
- “so good, i bought a second one for my brother. a bucket full each night”
- “Works perfectly runs quiet bought a second one it is equally fine”
- “One of the best dehumidifiers I have had in last 10 years”
- “Totally recommend this one for emergencies, or just to keep your basement (or any other room) dry”
- “brought a 75% humidity fully-insulated 190-square-foot outbuilding down to 35% humidity in a couple days”