Amazon Student is a discounted Amazon Prime programme aimed at tertiary-level students aged 18 years or older and who are located in the UK.
Upon joining Amazon Student you will receive 7 main benefits
- You’ll receive ultra-fast 1 day delivery on millions of eligible Amazon items for 6 months
- Unlimited streaming of over 15,000 movies and TV shows through Prime Video
- Instant access to over a million songs and hundreds of playlists with Prime Music
- Unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos
- Great student offers including extra 10% off on selected text books
- Early access to Amazon Lightning Deals
- Once the free 6 month trial expires join Amazon Prime for only £39 per year (50% Discount)
After commencement of your Amazon Student programme you can sign up to Amazon Prime at anytime before your Amazon Student programme has expired at the discounted rate of £39 per year.
You will also be kept up to date on promotions and discounts via your email address, or on your Amazon Student membership page, on items such as text books, video games, software, DVD’s, electronics and clothing etc.
Are You Eligible?
There are a number of conditions that you must fulfil in order to be eligible to join the Amazon Student programme.
- Have an Amazon.co.uk account
- Be aged 18 or older
- Be a student or apprentice enrolled in higher education in the UK
- Have a valid academic email address that contains the suffix .ac.uk
Is Amazon Student Worth It?
Considering that the trial is free and that you don’t have to join Amazon Prime at the end of the trial the Amazon Student programme is definitely worth trying out.
You can also join Amazon Prime for a Free 6 month trial through which you will receive the benefits described above plus you will receive access to the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (from which you can borrow 1 book per month with over 500,000 titles to choose from) as well as Kindle First (through which you can receive free Kindle books).
ByeMould recommends joining the Amazon Student programme first so that you can receive a 50% discount if you decide to join Amazon Prime.