The Inventor 12L Dehumidifier is a great appliance. It’s small and portable, silent and efficient, so you can use it all the time, anywhere in the house. This unit has a very accurate humidity sensor, so you will be able to maintain the room’s humidity at a constant level.
Currently there are 7 dehumidifiers in the Inventor dehumidifier range including the Inventor 12L dehumidifier which we are reviewing here.
Inventor also sell air conditioners and fridges but for this review we’ll just stick to their 12 litre Inventor Care dehumidifier which is the smallest compressor dehumidifier in the range.
The Inventor 12L sells and also rates very well on Amazon so let’s see what we can find.
Inventor 12L Dehumidifier Main Features
The Inventor 12L is a great dehumidifier, with a lot of smart features which make it very efficient. Here is a list of the best features this dehumidifier has to offer
- Good Extraction Capacity – This dehumidifier can remove up to 12L of moisture from the air in a single day, preventing dampness and the formation of mould. The high extraction capacity makes it great for larger rooms or old buildings.
- Accurate Humidity Sensor – The dehumidifier has a built-in humidity sensor. When the desired humidity level is reached, the sensor will automatically stop the dehumidifier, saving energy and lowering your bills. If the humidity level rises, the unit will resume its operation
- Automatic Restart – This unit has an automatic restart feature. If the dehumidifier turns off due to a power outage, it will automatically resume its operation using the previously known settings as soon as the power comes back on.
- Full Tank Alert – The dehumidifier has a 2L water tank. If the water tank is full, a sensor will turn the unit off to avoid water leakage. You will also see a notification on the display if the tank is full. The water level can be verified with ease through a plastic window. The tank is easy to remove, but it fills near the top so you should be careful when doing it.
- Timer – This unit has a timer which will help with lowering your bills. You can program the dehumidifier to turn on or off at a certain time, increasing its efficiency.
- Continuous Drain – The dehumidifier can be connected directly to a floor drain using a hose of 13.5 mm. This will allow the water to drain continuously without having to empty the tank from time to time.
- Increased Portability – This unit comes with casters and a handle for increased portability. You will be able to push and pull the dehumidifier on many surfaces without having to lift it.
- Simple Controls – The digital control panel is easy to use. You can set the desired humidity level between 35 – 85%, using 5% increments. You can change between Silent and Normal modes, and all the current settings are highlighted by illuminated buttons.
- Automatic Defrost – You can use this unit in colder environments. The automatic defrost function will melt the ice buildups before turning on the compressor.
The Inventor 12L dehumidifier has an extraction rate of 12 L per day. You can program the unit to maintain the air’s humidity at a certain level, between 35 – 85%. Depending on the room’s humidity and the desired humidity setting you will have to empty the 2 L water tank more or less often.
Filter And Water Tank
The dehumidifier’s filter is easy to remove. You don’t have to change the filter, but the manufacturer recommends taking it out and washing it at least once a month, depending on the environment you’re using it in.
The water tank has a capacity of 2 L. If you forget to empty the tank, a notification will appear on the display and the unit will stop working as a precaution. Keep in mind that the water tank fills near the top, so you should be careful when taking it out to avoid spillage.
It could be easier for you to use the continuous draining function if you live in a very humid environment. This feature will allow the water to bypass the water tank and drain directly through a hose. You can use this water for your plants, or you can connect the dehumidifier to a drain.
The Inventor 12l unit’s control panel is easy to understand and use. It’s placed on the top of the unit, and all the settings can be turned on/off or changed with a simple push of a button. You will be able to track all the changes on the LCD display.
Who Is It For
The Inventor 12l dehumidifier is not very big, and it has a high capacity. This makes it a good choice for people living in small flats or old buildings, and it may even be efficient in small shops and offices.
This product comes with a 2-year manufacturer warranty.
What’s In The Box
- Inventor Care 12 L Dehumidifier
- Instructions Manual
With a silent operating mode and a good efficiency, the Inventor 12 L dehumidifier will be a great addition to any household. You can use it to maintain the humidity level constant, and it will only run when it needs to, keeping your bills low.
As mentioned in the introduction the Inventor 12l dehumidifier sells and rates well on Amazon. At time of writing the dehumidifier has well over 400 reviews with an average satisfaction rating of 94%! Here is what purchasers are saying about it;
- “I have noticed after a few days of using it i get no more condensation on the windows”
- “absolutely brilliant warm dry bedroom going to bed and dry getting out of bed,will recommend to everyone”
- ” had to empty this twice in one week but my cough at night is one he’ll of a lot better now!”
- “has needed emptying every day so it does need attention. Very simple to use with clear switches”
- ” built in wardrobes are finally dry. Neat design and it is not too big for small flat….highly recommended”
- “Very effective little dehumidifier. We use it in our conservatory, and it’s really doing the job!”
- “Excellent……great value for money, in fact works as well as a more expensive model I had for years”